The BISFed Development Committee is continuously working on the development of the World Boccia Coach education system and is currently offering members the opportunity to host a World Boccia Coach Course in 2024.
For Countries that already have a Coaching Pathway, there is an opportunity to implement the World Boccia Coach level 1 course into the national education system.
For those who don´t have a Coaching Pathway, this might be the perfect time to start and have your Coaches certified by World Boccia.
We currently offer the following type of courses:
Making Boccia Accessible (4 hours in duration)
- Instructors Award will provide participants with a brief overview of the boccia, skills and abilities to introduce the game to all children, young people and individuals with an interest in the sport. Theory and practical sessions will provide an overview of the structure of the sport, rules and relevant practices.
Coach Level 1 (2 days – 16 hours in duration)
- Joint version (for countries who have World Boccia Coach Educator – Course delivered in the national language)
- Delivered on behalf of World Boccia in English
- Coaching & Boccia: Coach Roles & Responsibilities
- Technical Aspects of Boccia
- Principles of Coaching
- Techniques & Practice of Coaching
- Planning, activity structure & preparation
- Effective Feedback
- Reflective Practice
Please find a video here regarding the opportunity of organizing a World Boccia Coach Level 1 course.
If you would like to host a Coach Course 2024, please fill out the BID Form and return it by 31st May 2023.
If you would like more information, please don´t hesitate to contact us.