Competitions & Ranking
- BISFed Classification Rules
- BISFed Sport Rules
- BISFed Nationality of Competitor Policy
- BISFed Member Nation Uniform Policy
Competition System & Ranking
World Boccia Ranking
World Boccia Ranking key points to understand are:
A side’s world ranking is calculated using a side’s four best event results (ranking point totals) over each two-year qualification period based on the following principles.
- a side’s ranking points total must include the ranking points total from the most recent major event (i.e. World Championships/Paralympic Games or Regional Championships) if the side attended the event
- a side’s ranking points totals from all other eligible events, subject to a maximum number of results from specific types of events:
- the other results will, therefore, come from the most recent World Championships, Paralympic Games, Regional Championships, World Open or a Regional Open.
- the lists will be updated after each competition or each month and previous events will decay accordingly.
- after 2 years events will be removed and no longer be eligible for Ranking points.
For more info check the BISFed Competitions & Ranking Manual on the documents download link above.