As we come to the end of BISFed’s first Quadrennial as boccia’s international governing body, it is appropriate to reflect on our achievements to date and to look forward to the future.
2016 has by any measure been the most successful year yet in the history of boccia:
- Boccia is now the fastest – growing Paralympic sport, and BISFed’ s membership continues to grow
- We have reached out to 23 countries which did not previously participate actively in boccia through the ‘Making Boccia Accessible’ project
- During the 2013 – 16 Quadrennial we have quadrupled the number of World ranking events available to boccia athletes
- We have developed world-class software systems to support our operations and to allow us to manage competitions in a professional manner
- The 2016 Paralympic Games in Rio produced the most competitive boccia event yet, with an ever higher level of skill on display to record spectator numbers.